For Oxy community members who are planning an event on campus, this page is your gateway to success.
Student Event Planning
Start here with the SLICE event planning process. Your assigned PC will request your campus space.
Step 1: Request Space
Select potential venue(s) that are suitable for the scope of your event. Campus spaces fill up quickly, so plan ahead and place your request well in advance through Oxy's on-line space management system: 25live
- 用 25live的 enhanced search functions to help find spaces best suited for your event's needs
- Submitting a request for an available space does not necessarily mean that you will get that space - others may have also requested it. When Master 日历 confirms your event you will receive an e-mail containing your space assignments.
- Do not assume that you don't have to reserve a space because it usually goes unused, or because it is in the same building as your office
- Food (from inside or outside Oxy) is not permitted in some 地点
Step 2: Assess Your Needs/Submit your Event Services Request
No later than 10 business days before your event, submit your event 服务 request. This form notifies campus service providers that your event is happening, and schedules everything from audio visual, HVAC, delivery of tables & chairs, card key access, 餐饮业 orders, 停车处, and more. NOTE: If your space has not yet been confirmed by Master 日历 you should still submit an Events Services Request - changes are accepted up to 48 hours before your equipment delivery time.
The Event Services Request takes you step-by-step, but you may want to familiarize yourself with resources and policies in advance:
- The Facilities Management Department provides a variety of event planning support 服务
- If your event requires a set-up outside of the normal arrangement of furniture in your space an approved 网站计划 must be submitted
- 你需要 餐饮业 服务？
- Do you plan to use any outside 供应商? All companies doing business on campus must be approved in advance - check out Oxy's preferred 供应商 名单
- Do you plan to serve outside food that you will bring onto campus? Safe food handling practices must be followed
- Will you be serving alcohol? All alcohol service must be provided by Campus Dining
- Do you have outside guests who will require 停车处? Parking areas may be requested and reserved through the Master 日历
- Are any of your participants minor children? Oxy's Policy Governing Conduct with Minors must be followed.
- If you are participating in an event such as Hand-Made Oxy where you will be making and selling food, you may be required to have or obtain a Cottage Food Operation 执照。
Step 3: Consider Attending a Campus Events Advisory Committee Meeting
每周 CEAC meeting puts representatives from all the service-providing departments in the same room, to help you quickly navigate the event process. You may request a 15-minute appointment with CEAC, or you may be requested to attend, based on the nature of your event.
Event Space and Locations
Food and Catering
- Catering Policy
- Catering 菜单s
- Outside Catering Guidelines
- Alcohol Service & Pricing
- Cottage Food Operations (LA County Public Health Website)
- Food Safety Requirements
- Food Truck Policy
Publicizing Your Event
- Request Event Services
- Insurance Guidelines
- Temporary Art Installations
- Policy Governing Conduct with Minors
- Policy on Sponsored Summer Programs